Maintenance Technician Job Description
The Maintenance Technician position provides basic mechanical maintenance, janitorial and grounds care for the properties as directed by the Maintenance Superintendent/ Director of Operations and New Business/Portfolio Manager, as more completely described below.
• Performs necessary work orders as assigned by Maintenance Superintendent and documents necessary information on work order forms.
• Prepares vacated apartments for re-rental, in a designated time frame.
• Depending on the site work, may include cleaning of common areas of building(s) and offices according to site maintenance schedule and Alliance Asset Management, Inc., standards; keeps outside grounds fee of debris, rubbish, and trash removal.
• Performs necessary seasonal grounds maintenance including, but not necessarily limited to, snow/ice removal, pruning of trees/shrubbery, mowing of lawns, planting, and other physical tasks as needed.
• Responsible for emergency on-call coverage, as scheduled.
• Maintains the workshop, utility room(s) and mechanical rooms to ensure that they are kept clean, orderly, and safe from potential hazard.
• May be required to maintain buildings, utility and other logs.
• Makes necessary repairs to apartment appliances or makes recommendations for repair or replacement to Maintenance Superintendent.
• Provides coverage at other sites when required.
• Prepares surfaces and paints building interiors/apartments as necessary.
• Complies with all OSHA, MSDS and employee safety policies.
• Such other duties as may be assigned by the Maintenance Superintendent as necessary to maintain a safe and sanitary environment for the residents and staff.
• Works under and is directly accountable to the Maintenance Superintendent who outlines general policy. Occasionally accountable to other senior staff and special assignments.
• No supervisory responsibilities.
• Valid Driver's license or other certifications as may be required.
The physical demands described herein are representation of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, talk or hear. The employee is required to use hands to finger, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift weight up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near moving mechanical parts located either inside or in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet, cold, and/or humid conditions, fuming, dusty, toxic or caustic chemicals, and is required to use clothing/equipment appropriate to the environment.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderately noisy or loud.
Formal application rating of experience and education, oral interview and reference check, job related test may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Interested applicants should email their resume to Amber May at email@example.com.